Monday, May 11, 2015
The U.S. Dept of children's affairs just called. She walked me through re-submitting the updated visa application.
Now we wait for the U.S.C.I.S. and the U.S. Embassy in Johannesburg and the government in Lesotho to work together with our adoption agency on the next steps. This is my foggy understanding of the road ahead:
• An investigation will be conducted on Mohale's legal adoptability.
• A medical clearance will be done on Mohale.
• Finally, if the above obstacles are cleared, we will get his updated referral to our family for adoption. At that point of course we will accept again.
• A visa approval for Mohale can be given.
• Finally we will be able to travel to finalize the adoption, pick up his visa and bring him home.
There are a lot of hurdles to pray through again. But. This ship is moving. We don't know whether this could be days, weeks or more months of waiting. Praying for a miracle of June travel. Thank you for continued prayers.